Thread: Scraps...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 04:00 AM
Edie

I love to make Sampler quilts and all you need is a piece of this and a piece of that. I am in the process of making a sampler now and one of the blocks is "Depression Block") It has 36 pieces and that uses up a lot of little pieces. Oh yah, I got it from quilterscache.com and it is a 12" block. I am also doing Log Cabin - also from quilters cache and that is 20 pieces. I am doing this quilt in all solids, so I am matching blends of colors rather than the pink rose matches the white daisies. And the 21st piece is the red square in the middle. It really is neat. I am going with the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet and bright colors in the lower left and then pastels on the upper right! I have the colors all picked out. Never did a quilt in all solids. An Amish Sampler (so to speak). There is a lot you can do with your bits and pieces. I give some of my leftovers to my sisters and when I go over to her house I can see pieces of this or that in a crazy quilt designed valances she has in her home. Not to mention her table cloth.
I won't get rid of anything unless it is just to small to sew. Enjoy. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 07-30-2016 at 04:04 AM.