Old 07-30-2016, 03:57 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Thank you Susan for that great encouragement... I'm sure you will finish your blocks in your own time. I still have a bunch of old ones to get back to before I'm done.

Today I did an experiment... I joined the BOOM swap which will start soon, and they require you swap 12.5" blocks. I thought some of our 1930's FW blocks would be so pretty, so I tried blowing them up 200% to see if I could get a block that finished at 12.5". Hey, it worked! I made a beautiful experimental block that came out just the right size. That means I can draw from all of those neat patterns to use (enlarged) in the Boom swap.

By the way, the Boom closes tomorrow (Sunday) at midnight. There is still room for about 4 more people... hint, hint. I'm a newbie there... been thinking about doing it for years, just never did. But it sounds like so much fun, making blocks for everyone else's quilts with their fabrics, and then getting yours back all ready to put together into a quilt. Since our project here is winding down, I thought some of you might enjoy the boom. The group with space available is the 2-month group... plenty of time to get blocks made. Think about it!