View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by Izy
Turnhi, where is home for you, hot and humid? Florida?? It gets so hot here today it was 36deg., in full sun, bout 28 in the shade, but as we are in the hills, we always have a breeze so keeps you cool. Heres another couple of pictures of the views seeing as you like Spain.
I'm in Guam and it's starting to get brutal with the heat and humidity. Only going to get worse, they say.
I do have a breeze, when the weather permits, and it seems like today is a NON permitting day. I live a block from the ocean, so I do get breezes, just not getting them today. Don't like turning on the a/c only because electricity here is SOOO expensive! Even with a couple lights on, minimum tv and 1 a/c unit running for 6 hours at night, our bill runs between $300 and $400/month. No, I am NOT exaggerating! It's not the price of electric that is the problem, it's the Fuel Recovery Charge, whatever that is. That charge is usually 3 times the amount of your electric charge.

But I digress........I just loved Spain when I was there. Was many, many years ago. We had an exchange student when I was in high school and I still keep in touch with him a couple times a year.