View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:24 AM
wildyard

I agree with Rob, QM, those flowers just pop out of your lovely quilt. Everyone has done such amazing jobs, I am blown away by it all.
Sad to say I am not one of you with a July finish after all. I never dreamed how heavy putting 2 sheets as liners in a quilt would make it and handling it for the quilting is being very difficult for me. My back, neck and shoulders are in a mess, so I am only getting a little done at a time. By this time, I am almost done with the quilting; I just have the black areas to go.

It's times like this I really understand how much a large table surface can help with quilting. Sure wish I had one!!! If my DH ever gives up possession of the dining table I am claiming it for the next big heavy quilt!!! He has a computer torn apart all over it right now. LOL

The other thing I am learning is how much harder it is to quilt 4 layers of things with NO give. I'm used to quilting a top and a fleece back which has a little give to it. With this quilt ( a top, 2 sheets lining and a back) there is no stretch or give anywhere so it's a whole different story. My usual pinning was not nearly tight enough so I had to make a lot of adjustments as I went. Of course that meant more handling of this danged heavy quilt. But I promise you it will for sure be an August finish!!!!