View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tslowery
Terri I have no doubts that I will LOVE what you make for me . I just hope that you are not disappointed since I am far less talented as most of the people here. My husband has remodled my sewing space with new cabinets and my sewing machine a (brother that embroidery and sews went on the blink are should I say I tried to repair a pair of blue jeans for my husband and a piece of the machine flew across the room...lol but not funny then... Took the machine 100 miles away to Savannah to have it repaired and the man said I have to order the part.........MEANWHILE,,,]]]]////// He shows me a Janome 6600 and I drool drool. Left without the machine and when I had to take husband back to Sav to airport he made a quick stop and bought me the machine,,,...) Now I have no excuse for not becoming good at this quilting since I have a space cabinets and Machime...lol.... The sad part is I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THE MACHINE CAUSE WHAT IF I TEAR IT UP...OMG. Sorry for rambling just do not want to dissapoint you myself are him.. Teresa
Teresa Do you love the look of the fabric? Do you drool over quilt designs? Then the only way to make your quilt happen is to dive in! You need to take a deep breath decide on your design and lay out your fabric!! Then just enjoy the process!! After you get started you will enjoy making this Doll Quilt! Think positive!! Repeat after me--I will have fun using my new machine!! LOL Just think of your quilt all done and on it's way to your partner!! She will LOVE it no matter what because it is a piece of you she is receiving! We love them all and noone else can do what you do! I love the fact that each quilt I receive has been touched and loved by my partner!! It is a connection like no other between my and my partner. I just love it! Every time I look at my DQ collection I remember the conversations we had and I see the partner that sent me that DQ. It is fabulous to have them!! Your skill is not the major component in these quilts love is!!