View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:26 AM
SewingSew

Default Where the Wild Things Roam

One of my biggest fears is being attacked by a bear. Guess what I saw in my back yard last week? You guessed it--a black bear! I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. There are woods at the side of my house and I looked over and saw a large black fur ball. I had heard dogs barking constantly for 15 or 20 minutes straight before that. It was near dusk, so I didn't get a really good look at it, and I didn't wait to investigate further. It totally freaked me out! Fortunately, I was right by my back door and I quickly made my way inside. My house is actually surrounded by woods and near the base of a mountain in New Hampshire. We moved here about 8 years ago. The neighbors have told me that they have seen a black bear and a moose. The first night we spent in the house, I heard coyotes howling. In all the places I've lived, I have never heard that. And sure enough, that first winter, I saw a pack of coyotes go through my back yard. It is not unusual to see flocks of turkeys when I look out the window. I have seen deer, raccoons, rabbits, and all sorts of birds in the yard. What sort of wildlife have you seen in your yard?

Last edited by SewingSew; 08-04-2016 at 08:32 AM.