Thread: I'm going nuts
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Candace

I think there's gold in doing machine maintenance!! There's only one Janome dealer(that I'm aware of) in my area. My machine was in dire need of maintenance so called and was told it would be "up to 2 weeks". Gulp. Since I don't have a back-up I knew it would be hard. So, I took it in telling myself I needed to look for a used back-up and would find something. It's been 2 weeks today and hubby called this morning. They are just now working on machines dropped off on the 9th. Mine was dropped off on the 15th. They say it will be another week before it's even looked at. If it needs anything ordered in, well, add more time. I can't believe the back log is this great, but I know it is because I saw all the machines when I dropped it off. Crazy! And it's $95 for the routine maintenance.

Then, posted in another thread, I had a sewing machine lined up on Craigs list, had the money in hand and the seller made an appt. with someone who called after me and sold it to her:< So, I've been out of a sewing machine for 2 weeks, and it looks like it could easily be a month!

Feel my pain: