Thread: Quilt as you go
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 01:28 PM
asheryl

Thank you all for the links and tips. I think a lot of them will be very helpful. I've watched several different videos already that have been helping me understand what I need to do and I've got a much better understanding of how to go about making this QAYG quilt. Unfortunately I only just realized today that I probably didn't buy the right batting. One of the videos said cotton was the best and I found a website that explained all the different battings and what was recommended or not recommended. I bought 100% polyester and see they don't recommend that at all. Will my quilt be really bad if I use it?
I also realized that I bought the wrong type of fusible web but at least that's not too expensive to replace.
I played around with some scrap material yesterday and tried sewing some strips to a center square. Seemed easy enough so I'm not sure where the difficult part comes in. I also realized after reading my pattern for about the 100th time, that I have to sew the few square corners to the shortened strips so that shouldn't be difficult. At least in my mind it doesn't sound difficult.
I'm taking my time with getting started because I want to be sure I understand the process before I ruin my material.