View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 04:36 AM
Watson

Default Help needed fixing my mistake

With this new quilt I've really gone out of my safe zone with colours which has turned out OK except for one...which I can't stand. It glares out at me everytime I look at my design wall. I've done half the blocks for the quilt, so I can't see myself pulling them ALL apart and starting over, besides which that would distort all the blocks.
You'll see from the pictures that the offending squares are not that big...I'm wondering if
A)I can just applique over them with the new fabric? And then use a decorative stitch around them once the top is put together?
B) for the strips that aren't sewn together into blocks yet, you'll see the fabric I want to get rid of (pink)is on the ends of the strip. Can I just replace it with the new fabric (yellow) or will that make the applique ones stand out? What if I still did the decorative stitch around them at the end?
C) Can I Steam a Seam the new fabric to the pink so that at least three seams are sewn and then use the same decorative stitch around them?
D) Is there a better way?

Any help appreciated,
Watson
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555474[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555475[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555476[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0229_zpsuavearzd.jpg   img_0228_zps05vbtq0v.jpg   img_0230_zpsybfhh5ti.jpg