View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:26 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
each child to bring 24 pencils? Something screwy there.
How can some children not have meals at home? Aren't the parent(s) eating either? I know someone who works at a minimart type food store and kids come in with LINK cards(gov sup food card) and buy junk food....adults also.

I do donate to local food pantry, but I have seen some come in for food with fancy manicures, hair professionally done, dressed to the nines and attitudes. Makes it very hard to have compassion and charity.

i grew up poor, didn't know it at the time, but there was food on the table, albeit very simple and sometimes space, but cooked from scratch, clean house, and enough clothes to look presentable.....and not gym shoes costing +$.
Sad but true there are children who don't eat except at school. If your area has some depressed areas and you drive through you can see why. There are food deserts and low or non existent employment opportunities and no transportation and let's face it, there are some people no one would hire. And the children pay the price. It's a huge problem, probably not the place here for a long discussion, but, yes, there are children who are hungry.