View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:58 AM
romanojg

When I was buying for my kids and now grandkids. I wait until the supplies are all on sale, check the sales adds. Wal-Mart and Target are normally in competion. Don't wait until the week before school because they go up. I also buy lots of extras and normally have enough for the whole year. My kids were always great at telling me late at night or early the morning of school that they need something. My one son always told his teacher he forgot his pencils so I gave her a big box that she kept in the drawer for him. I also buy my project boards from the dollar store too, that's another great one, waiting until the last minute to say they have a project due. I try to plan ahead. Here in Va most are buying school supplies this weekend because its tax free for school supplies and hurricane season preparedness.

Last year the teacher wanted the parents to buy her red pencils, etc. the things she uses. My daughter and I agreed, no way. That is not our job. Now if I have extra stuff, I'll give it to their teachers only because even though they do the fund raising at Wal-Marts, etc for kids who don't get what they need. Not all kids who need it fall onto that list and do without. The teacher on the other hand, knows what kids just don't have any supplies or anyhow what they need. Just because you don't qualify for assistance doesn't mean you don't need help buying supplies, clothes, etc.

Last edited by romanojg; 08-07-2016 at 06:03 AM.