View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 03:10 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
Ube, Your photos are always beautiful. I love living in the woods and I love nature. But I do understand the danger of living amongst wild animals and I take that fear seriously. Tothill, I found your posts fascinating. You get to see animals who are not common to many of us.

Ube, They stopped having the Keene Pumpkin Fest a couple of years ago. It was all over the news, including on NPR. A bunch of mostly college students put the word out online inviting everyone to come party at the Pumpkin Fest. It turned into a riot. Look it up online. It is a shame when something like this event is taken from the community. It was a wonderful event, and now it's ruined. If you've ever seen the town at the beginning of the movie Jumanji, that is Keene. The majority of the movie was filmed there.
I am so sorry to hear that they don't do the pumpkin fest anymore. I remember the rioting but didn't know it led to the end of what was a wonderful event. I was there the first year they made it into Guinness world record with over 10,000 carved and lit pumpkins. That was back in the 90s. What a sight.

Just as an aside if you like reading Emerson and Thoreau, they reflected their writing using
Mt. Monadnock as their inspiration.
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 08-07-2016 at 03:17 PM.