View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 03:17 PM
quiltingnewf

Default Square in a square block

I am looking for more information on making the square in a square block. I typed it into the search but there were over 2000 threads. I have googled "how to's" and have found 2 methods. The first methodinvolves sewing triangles onto the square. I think this would bemore difficult as I am not comfortable sewing on a bias. I tend tostretch the fabric.

I am leaning towards the methodinvolving sewing along a diagonal line on a smaller square placed in acorner of the bigger square. I have made a couple of them now and Iam not getting a consistent square when I fold over the triangle. Idouble checked the sizes of my squares, they are cut accurate. Asfar as I can tell my issue is with sewing just off the line. Anysuggestions on how to know where exactly to sew? Is there a betterway to “draw the line” to get an exact square? Or do I just keeppractising?

Do I take out theones I have finished and re do them? They are not off by much, butenough that I can see it and I know that every fraction off adds up. What are your thoughts?

Dee