Old 08-08-2016, 06:48 AM
zozee

I have a few questions.

1. Will you be keeping both houses (Florida and Maine) indefinitely, or will you transition permanently to one of them?
If keeping both long-term, and you have equal space at each place, I would suggest having doubles of all your go-to supplies (mats, cutters, rulers, a few threads, scissors, marking pens, etc). Keep one set of these go-to supplies in one big box for now.

Then, to start, I would make the bed and tidy the area so I can think and spread out to organize.

I would get one big box (long enough for your longest ruler), and mark it "other house". All your duplicates go in that. I might only "organize" the small contents with ziplock bags. labeled.

2. Keep only the fabric you really like. Chances are, you did that a year ago when you moved, but a year's worth of fabric has probably already found its way into your new place? If so, make sure you love it. If not, sell or donate it. Don't organize it. Don't waffle about it. If you really aren't inspired by it, let it go. Don't overthink it. Go with your gut.

3. Keep your categories fairly broad for those plastic baskets--and label, label, label. I would keep all adhesives in one (tape, glue stick, 505). All measuring devices in another (meas. tapes, seam guide). All marking stuff (pens, pencils, chalks in another, etc). If you'll be using the stuff every day, it's okay to keep them in open baskets, but I prefer most everything to be lidded, doored, or otherwise closeable. I don't like visual clutter (although you'd think it was my best friend) and HATE to spill a basket of little notions on the floor. UGH!

Hope that helps.

Main thing is: only keep what you love. Keep duplicates separated, sealed, and ready to tote to your other house. That would save my sanity!

Last edited by zozee; 08-08-2016 at 06:50 AM.