Old 08-08-2016, 08:54 AM
janjj

wow so many things people do for others!!
I visit shut ins and people who just need someone to listen. I belong to a local quilt club and we make red/white/blue quilts for veterans that we give away to vets every year. I belong to a local garden club and furnish plants for the towns flower beds. I help my daughter prepare 'field food' for her husband, father in law and the help they need to hire in spring and fall. I serve various places in my church I am financial secretary, serve on the church council many years, as president of our womens group really another gal and I share this but she is gone much of the year. we tie quilt tops that members and pieced together and our small congregation sends 70 to 80 quilts every year to Lutheran World Relief. to raise money for mission work we have a soup supper in October, have 'Tour of Tables' every spring. which is we decorate 12 tables (members come up with unique ideas for these) the 'tour is about 1/2 hour after which we serve a full meal.
I could go on but you get the picture. at age 76 I no longer have a full time job but do have 4 house cleaning jobs to give me a little spending money