Old 08-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Sewnoma

I have 20+ sewing machines, and my 6600 is my main, go-to machine, despite my love for all my vintage beauties. I adore that machine, and it's so easy to use that my 9-year old niece has also fallen in love with it and has informed me that when I die it belongs to her. She told me that the noise the scissor-cut button makes is the "happiest sound in the world" - I think I agree!

I think one of my favorite things about the machine is the Accufeed. Invest in some Accufeed feet for it, you will not regret it! The big harp sure is handy too.

I also recommend buying some Janome-brand bobbins. My machine is not picky about fabric or thread or anything else, but it's VERY picky about the bobbins. I can't see any difference between knock-offs and the name brand bobbins, but I get occasional tangles and skipped stitches if I use knock off bobbins and perfect stitches if I use name-brand.

All in all I don't think you'll regret it at all, and you got it for a great price! I paid a LOT more for mine and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if mine were stolen or somehow damaged beyond repair.