View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 07:35 AM
starshine

I think there are things that seem to trend, especially after something like a market event. But also designers, magazines, and books coming out with their new line or issues spark trends. One woman I talked to who worked in a LQS said they were stocking a lot of Civil War because that was what their regular customers seemed to buy and they had some batiks and modern styles to attract new customers. So I think some have a plan to do a little of everything; some stock a couple of designers that are popular in there area, some the lines the owner likes; bottom line I guess is they have to stock what would sell to stay in business so it probably depends on the types of fabrics they sell the most of at the time. I have seen that in most shops I have been in the batiks are a little more than other fabrics. But I also think they are very popular. But when I go to a quilt show I see all varieties of fabrics and styles of quilts. So I agree with go with what you like for your own enjoyment. If you are making a quilt for someone else have them go with you and let you know what they like.