Old 08-09-2016, 09:33 AM
starshine

My first thought was maybe leave out the reddish purple (3rd from L and 3rd from R) as Madquilter suggested too.

I was thinking you could do a log cabin-so many ways to arrange the blocks and since your center fabric is the one you are working around maybe use that as your center square, and if you went with that the 2 dark ones with the blue and white would be out for the light side.
If you want more color yellow being the compliment of purple you could add that, if it were pale enough it could be used with the blue and white. I think it would be doable to find yellows that go well with blue too.

You could also do a sampler quilt using this idea, not all blocks would need all the fabrics in each block, but there would be some of them in one block and some others in other blocks. See below. Find quilt blocks you would want to learn or make some of your favorites and have them all together. A dresdan plate block could use each blade a different fabric and have most if not all the fabrics in that one block. And if you run out of one or two fabrics it wouldn't matter as the variety will have something in common with the whole.

Last edited by starshine; 08-09-2016 at 09:37 AM.