View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Onebyone
Power Poster

What a wonderful grandmother you had! My grandmother was a very strong willed woman. She didn't wait for anyone to give her permission or help in doing something she wanted done. One day she decided she wanted to panel the den. My grandfather said it was too much work and money. She took me with her to a junk type yard, bought a truck load of shiplap and a box of nails. She stared nailing them to the wall that very day. In a few days she had a nice wood paneled den. I remember the saw horses set up and her using a hand saw to cut the boards in the kitchen. The list goes on what she accomplished when she wanted it to happen.

She raised me from third grade until I married. She cussed like a sailor, sang in the church choir, started a florist business out of her spare bedroom and sewed all my clothes. Her brother lived about 1/8 mile down the road. She had a line run from his house to ours with a buzzer. If he needed anything he rang the buzzer. First intercom ever in that community. LOL When a second phone line cost was high luxury and unheard of (like two televisions!) she talked the phone guy into putting a cord long enough on our one phone so that it could be carried to every room in the house. First house to have a phone in every room and when I was a teenager I kept the phone in my room. She was always thinking outside the box and taught me to think why not, it's not rocket science.

Last edited by Onebyone; 08-09-2016 at 04:49 PM.