Old 08-10-2016, 12:54 PM
RugosaB

I absolutely LOVE what you have created!
The way I read your post, it sounds like you have a question on quilting a quilt that large - if not, just skip mine.
When I have a large quilt that I want to machine quilt, I first mentally divide it into 3 sections - 96 x 32, all across the width.
I cut my batting in thirds too. The quilt top and backing is never cut, but easier to scrunch under the machine without all that batting.
First, I glue the batting piece (to quilt top and back) and quilt the center section.

Then, I use a tape (forget what it's called, it's made for such things) one of the sections of batting I cut and iron it to one edge of the batting I already used. Keep in mind you have to leave enough unquilted and glued to do this.
Then I glue that section to the quilt top and backing. Then stitch.
Then I use the last piece of batting I cut - iron/tape to center batting section, glue to quilt top and back, quilt this last third of the quilt.
Then the whole thing is ready to trim and bind.
I use glue when attaching the binding too, using Patsy Thompson's videos on you tube.

Also, just remembered - I have run out of that tape and just cut my own from light weight iron on interfacing. Worked just fine for me.

Last edited by RugosaB; 08-10-2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: wrong name