Old 08-11-2016, 04:01 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
Maybe this doesn't apply to where you live, but when we added on we could only add one more bedroom. Why? The septic tank size was only big enough for 3, not 4.
Who knew the number of bedrooms determined that??!??
This is off the subject a tad, but I think I am as excited as you are and I have solved my problem. I took out two or three shrubs yesterday (from the front of the house under the two windows) and for a 78 year old broad, not too easy, especially since I still have the roots and lilies and violets to get out yet. I just wanted something different to look out the window too, so I called my handy-dandy (my jack of all trades) and he is going to build me a window box 70" long to fit under the window and then for Christmas I will put in greens and lit "icicles" and in the summer (being that it is facing east), I will put in either Impatiens or Vincas and then put in a whole garden of the same flowers underneath it. One project is expensive and requires a lot of planning, like yours, and one is inexpensive and requires little planning, but is just as exciting as the other. I would like more room too, but I can't push out the front because on our block all houses are the same distance back from the sidewalk! Good luck to you.
Edie