Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 AM
quilt_mommy_2001

Oh my gosh, I'm going through the same thing right now. I have been working on this quilt nearly every night for two weeks now and I'm so sick of it. It's these pretty flower pot blocks that I arranged in different directions. I made a chain pattern in the background with four patches, and the color I chose for my light value is just too light. It's definitely salvageable, but I'm just to sick of looking at the darn thing to start ripping and changing colors around. I'm going to throw it in a box and forget about it for a while! Maybe I'll finish it, maybe I won't...all I know right now is I'm done with it for the time being! Lol*

Your project doesn't look bad! Maybe set it aside for a while and come back to it. Sometimes you just need to walk away. I think "the universe" or whatever gives you little signs it's time for a break...you know, those times when your thread breaks three times in a row, or your needle, or you keep having to rip and re-sew. Take a breather maybe, work on something you feel proud and confident about, then come back to your purple project with a fresh perspective.