View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Dolphyngyrl

I would look at the brother v series. They are wonderful for quilting, sewing, and embroidery. I have had mine almost 4 years. they are easy to use right out of the box. I did embroidery before my class. my model is the one below the TOL and even though I was originally going to start out with a beginner machine I am glad I didn't. I much prefer my machine to Bernina's 5 series. The brothers tend to have more features and come with more accessories and the feet aren't as pricey. The dual feed foot on my machine is my favorite feature. They just came out with a 1/4 inch foot for it in march and I have been in piecing heaven since. I do still piece with my 1/4 foot sometimes though. I did love the stitch quality on the Viking saphire I used, so if the ruby is similar you wouldn't be disappointed. I also prefered the saphire to the 5 series machine I sewed on so if it was just between the Bernina and Viking alone I personally would go viking. Despite the machines I have used and tried Brother remains my brand. They have been rock solid for me the last 20 years so I expect to be using them for many years to come. Also Brother makes all the high end babylock machines so I wouldn't mind a babylock either since they are made in the same manufacture line as brother.

Last edited by Dolphyngyrl; 08-11-2016 at 05:58 PM.