View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Eddie

Below are pics of my first bargello quilt that I finished while ago. I made it from a pattern called "Surf Song" from the book called "Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts" by Eileen Wright.

The pattern in the book is for a wall hanging that's 46.5" x 48.5", but I wanted mine to be larger so I increased the dimensions of the squares in it all by 0.5" both horizontally and vertically, so my finished quilt size is 66" x 67".

For the fabrics, I started off by using bundles of fat quarters in blue and green solids that I got at Joann's. These bundles came with 5 FQs each, with graduated colors in them. I then used some additional print FQs from a bundle of "All About Color" to provide some prints in the solids.

I quilted it by following the curves of the waves which really helped to emphasize the waviness of the whole thing. I did free-motion quilting in the outermost blue border area and straight stitching in the thin inner blue border area.

My wife has laid claim to this one. Not sure what she'll do with it, but a person can never have too many quilts. :D This was fun working on my first bargello, certainly a learning experience!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51033.jpe   attachment-51034.jpe