View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 10:56 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I WONDER WHAT YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE WITH TRI-FLO WAS LIKE??? Could you describe? I would love to see pictures, too. I've been using T-F for a long time and I have repaired hundreds of old machines. The Teflon eventually wears away at friction points kind of like the old Teflon skillet I pitched. I find I don't need to oil as much. I have tried 3 in 1 oil and WD40 and had pretty sorry results. Tri-flo may well be a combo of three different ingredients. If you go to a car parts store you can buy all kinds of different oil blends and your car will work better on some than others. I talked to an oil expert I could trust once and he suggested to use a thin oil on a sewing machine. He did not know anything about the tri-flo formula. If you are in doubt call an oil lab and see what they suggest. Several years ago I oiled my mom's featherweight with tri-flo and she let the machine set. I recently pulled it out and had no lock up what so ever when I turned the machine. 3 in 1 oil will lock up a machine very quickly.

Haven't we had this conversation???