Old 08-14-2016, 09:13 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

We are on the outskirts of the big rain cell over Louisiana. Have had a ton of rain and the temps have come down a bit. Anything is a welcome relief. Heard my sister-in-law's home in Baton Rouge has 2 feet of water in it. She is a travel nurse living in NH right now, so I hope she can get home to get her house sorted out once the flooding recedes. I'm sure there will be some bad mildew damage. Those poor folks down there. They are supposed to get rain all day Mon and Tues, too.

Today at church the sweet little old man who is always there at the door to greet me was not there. Instead there was a big bowl of candy and his picture standing next to it. He was killed in a car wreck on Thursday! He always held the door for me, gave out the programs, and gave candy to the kids that came his way. So the bowl of candy was in remembrance of him... the sweetest, kindest man you'd ever hope to know. I am so sad to learn he is gone. He made everybody smile.

Then, as I rarely fail to see wildlife on our long country road near home, a huge wild turkey tom sauntered across the road in front of me. There are always animals out there. I love to see them and leave home wondering what I will see that day.

Have a lovely Sunday!