View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:13 AM
wildyard

Edie, I appreciate your story and agree completely. I almost never make a ribbon quilt unless specifically requested as is the case here.
In this case the recipient is looking at the green ribbon as her battle flag and wants to wave it as a source of strength. As this is her first battle, I cannot say that she will feel that way later, but the choice is not mine to make. Most of my comfort quilts are based on things that the person loves and that will make them happy. I hope that this remains the case with this quilt. Hugs and happy congratulations on the end of your DHs battle and it's happy outcome!!!

Many thanks to everyone for your input. The black and white photo was great!! Why didn't I think of that? From here on out, I will try to keep the darker greens at the edges and that will help. I also like the idea of couching something between the two colors at the end. With those ideas in place, I think we will all be happy with the finished product!! I won't remove the "white" blocks, but I just may take my fabric markers to them and convert them to a proper green.
Again many hugs and smiles of thanks to the awesome members of this board!