View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
My dream sewing room would include a mini fridge and microwave :D
Funny you should say that, I just asked my DH if the power in my sewing room could handle a fridge. He said yes but that I wasn't getting one because then I would never come out of here! :lol:

I have a linoleum floor in the sewing room mostly because of dust/allergies, but also because pins don't get stuck in it and the chair on wheels rolls around nicely on it.

Plenty of light is very important. Other places sell lights that are like Ott lights, but are less expensive. See if your power company offers any; that's where I got my Ott light from and I got my floor lamp from a local chain store. I don't have a design wall, but sure wish I did! I totally agree that you need to have a way to store your stash. If you put it in bins, be sure you can see into the bins rather than getting colored ones. Having it on open shelving is great for being able to see everything, but may get dusty in time. I'm noticing the sun is fading some of my fabric that isn't in bins, so keep it out of the sun.

Let us all know what you decide on as it will be great inspiration for someone else setting up their room. Good luck!