View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 05:26 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I do pre-wash almost all of my fabric, and when we still lived in our house, I would toss it in the dryer after washing, then take it out before fully dry, then iron. If I can't get to the washing machines in the bldg. I have been known to wash fabric in the tub, hang it in the bathtub, then iron it in the morning. I had given the fabric to a friend when we had to move and I had to purge, but since it was a large piece, she set it aside for me. When I asked if I could get it back, she said absolutely, however, she neglected to tell me that she had stored it in her bedroom where her significant other smoked. I had no choice but to wash it, as I had to get the quilt to the family reunion and as it was, I was a day late. I try to be better about time scheduling but we'll see. I only have to finish two baby quilts for twins born in April (well), then make a quilt for my girl friend who gave me all her daughter's American Girl collection when she left it behind. Because she had to sell the house, when she mentioned the American Girl, I asked if I could barter with a queen size quilt and she agreed. What was I thinking. I know what I was thinking, having a great Christmas with out DGD Zoe, she just turned 6 and likes her American Girl doll. So it was a hit, now I need to finish the bedding for the hand made cradle and make some doll clothes for this Christmas. This is what I do in my spare time, no wait, I don't have any spare time. LOL.