View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Bree123

Gayle,
My deepest sympathies are with you & your family. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Here is a link to a very sweet charity that makes Angel Baby wraps. They have patterns for quilted wraps for when the little one is delivered, burial wraps & tiny quilts. I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for; if not, please excuse my ignorance. I had one lady from our church who received one of these as a gift to wrap her stillborn baby in. It had the baby's name on it, her date of conception & the date they did the D&C, plus her parents' favorite Bible verse. I know how much it meant to the mother to receive the gift and to be able to wrap her daughter up in a tiny, beautiful quilt.
http://www.with-heart-and-hands.com/2011/08/angel-wraps-and-preemie-blankets.html

Because they buried their daughter in that quilt, a few quilters got together & asked the parents if they had purchased any clothes when they learned they were expecting -- they gathered together some items -- onesies, a cloth diaper, a receiving blanket & a pair of knitted booties and turned them into a small memory quilt (maybe 15x15"). They didn't use a pattern for that; they just cut a 15x15" piece of muslin as a foundation & crazy quilted the different fabrics down to it & then tacked the booties on last.

Sending wishes for peace & healing to you and your daughter.