View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Jane Quilter

Default I ruined my king size scrap quilt.

I have been working on an oversize (125"x125") Jacobs ladder scrap quilt for 2 years. It has an intricate hand quilting pattern on it. I quilted as I went, having the quilt pre-divided into 25 smaller squares. Pencil was not showing up on the deep reds, so I switched to blue washable. Because of the intricate pattern, I was going thru 1 marker per block, and at $6.00 per pen x 25 it was getting pricey. So what did dumb Jane do? She tested frixion pens on samples that disappeared easily. I put them in the freezer overnight, and the marks did not come back. No way was my quilt going to live under freezer conditions for more than 8 hrs at a time. So I thought I was good to go. WRONG. What I didn't count on, was if they sat "marked" too long, like several months, the mark SET. Heat wont remove it, amodex, wont move it, motsenbockers lift off wont move it. I am having marginal success with Qwikgo. I have the binding on and I thought I was done. Ha I have added a small amount of carpet surfactant to make the chemicals wetter, and am thinking of adding a touch of soap like woolite or laundry detergent or vinegar. Not sure what to try (I have nothing to loose here). When you are done crying for me , any suggestion would be nice. (Please keep your "I told you so's" to a minimum, I already got that message)