View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 09:53 AM
Bobbielinks

Default Antique? Elephant quilt

Have to show this quilt I just finished quilting. It has a story behind it. My Mother loved all kinds of crafts, in fact she made and sold many items at a local market back in the 1970's. In 1975 for the Bicentennial, my mother made a donkey quilt and an elephant quilt representing the political parties. My mother passed away in 1994 and my father in 1999. We kids, were left with the job of cleaning out their home and selling what was not kept by the family. I don't remember if my oldest son and his wife purchased the elephants blocks at the auction, or if they were kept as a keepsake prior to the auction; but, my son later gave them to me. They have been hidden way on a shelf for at least 20 years. About a month ago I found out that my granddaughter (it was her dad who gave me the blocks), is expecting her first child (a son) and has decorated the nursery with elephants. I am so happy that the blocks are now in a crib quilt for my first great grandchild and that the label can state: For ___, pieced by Great, Great Grandma, ___ , quilted by Great Grandma ___.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5559.jpg   100_5560.jpg