View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Jane Quilter

Latest update: Now that we know Oxyclean will work (it is a peroxide based product), the worry is: what is the correct concentration? The Oxy crystals say use 1 scoop per gal of water. the scoop looks like 1/8 cup. The directions say start with a high concentration and keep lowering it until you get a concentration that works to keep the concentration at a minimum (I guess to avoid a chemical burn like Leah had on her duchess quilt). So, not knowing what is too high, I bought another product. OxyClean MaxForce gel stick. Whatever it is, this will be my top concentration.....I hope it works. If not, I will call the company and ask what concentration Max Force is, and how higher can I go without a chemical burn. So the Saga continues. Fun note: My Hubby says, "you bought another cleaning product? This is costing more than the quilt!" ......oh if he only knew ha......I just said, "This is the price of education" and on I go. Promise to keep the QB updated.....Because now that there is hope, and less panic, it is now just a learning process...and I can deal with that.