Old 08-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Vicki1212

Default To blog or not to blog?? (Can't believe I said that - blushing)

I love quilting, I love photography and I love writing. So for a while, my heart has been nudging me to start a blog to share my love of fabric and creating, but also to share thoughts on a more personal level. The thought excites me but terrifies me at the same time. Creating something I love, whether it's a quilt, a photograph, or even a poem, makes me happy and I crave to share this happiness and maybe inspire a likeminded soul or two. Then I hear the gremlin of negative thoughts whispering in my ear '...what if you're borrrrring?.....a blog is a HUGE responsiblity to maintain.....do you even know what readers want?....there are SO many out there already!'

So dear Quilting Board readers and posters, I have immense admiration for the knowledge, kindness and friendship of the members on this board and I would like to ask you....

What makes you read a blog and keep going back for more? Photos, humour, information, stories from the heart? And what makes you stop reading midway and clicking on the exit button? Writing style, too personal, depressing content, content too varied?

I would love to hear your thoughts!