View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 02:31 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
So glad you were able to get this out!

My personal "go-to" for removing marks, stains, etc., is "Mean Green". You can find it in most grocery stores in a spray bottle, but I usually get a gallon jug at Dollar General. I use it when laundering hubby's work clothes (he works in a machine shop), and this is one of the very few things that will get that kind of grease out.
On my quilts, as I've learned about different marking methods, Mean Green has been a life-saver.

A comment about the usefulness/washability of the commercial markers, versus Crayola washable markers...
1) the purple marker that fades in 24 hours... fades a lot faster if it's hot and humid (it faded almost before I could finish marking a design!!)
2) the blue pounce chalk does not always come out... unless you have some Mean Green
3)the blue markers (there are several on the market,by different manufacturers) will sometimes bleed when you try to wash/spritz them out
4) Crayola markers have NOT given my any trouble... and they're inexpensive (especially with the back-to-school sales right now)

Just my two cents worth... again, I'm happy to hear you were able to get the marks out.
My favorite is still the Crayola ULtra Clean Washable Markers...I have left them for a while, ironed them, and they still came out with water or in the wash. I keep looking at getting more, and was surprised to see so many other brands offering the washable markers. But I will stay with the ultra clean unless I want to take the time to test another brand out.