View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 03:49 AM
romanojg

Babylock and the latest Vikings are great. Even though Viking doesn't have the air threading its pretty easy and has the self adjusting tension so you don't have to mess with it. If you lived closer I'd offer my Viking 21, it sells for over 1200 but I got a great deal from our local shop so it would be within your price range. I've only used it once or twice because I went to a training class at our local sew n vac and they had the Babylock ovation and I fell in love. Since I could afford it at the time I got it. I never even registered it. Babylock and Viking may not be in your price range though.

You should check out Nancy Zieman's book on making quilts with a serger. I've done table tops, bags, quilts all on my serger. They aren't just for garments any more. I'm just now getting back into garment making after years. Boy has things changed. I love Peggy on fit to stitch and she also has Silhoutte patterns on you tube and there is also Angela Wolfe, I'm takine a class in Oct at a retreat here in Va Beach. Good luck and you are a wise person for checking them all out. Like sewing machines, there are so many bells and whistles to them now.