Old 08-25-2016, 07:25 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Hello Everyone. Yes it's this straggler dropping by again. I was just reading each of your recent activities, and just your chat. QNS your sewing room looks nice with all the organizing you are doing. SBG I enjoyed seeing all those shrooms. I have had some too out the back side of my house. That quilt picture is just so pretty. QNS I know there will be some glad to hear after I am gone, especially the wife of one of my nephews that live next to us and dad's house.(very close), and the day before my dad's funeral and burial they broke in dad's shop and took all his tools and other things that were expensive and part of the estate for us kids. They also cleared out his back porch furniture he built nicely that we would have used. (she is a piece of work) She knew the day before his funeral that we were not up to calling the police, and no we didn't. They have their reward here I guess. It still has been very emotionally upsetting, and not because of the stuff, but that she and my nephew who should know better would do that.

Me and hubby went yesterday to our local clinic and we both tested positive for Strep, so today after a day of lots of sleep, I will be doing laundry all day of our bed clothes etc. We both got a few shots each, and they kept me from sleeping that night so it was a good while before I got a decent night sleep. Now I feel on the mend.

I remember my mom use to talk about just loving to feel fabric, and at the time I couldn't understand that. I thought to stroke my dogs hair yes, but fabric. hehe. Now I DO UNDERSTAND! God left those treasures for me I think when I most needed them from mom.

I am trying to get back in the swing of things, and that's what dad would have wanted. Besides working in another one of my 6" blocks as I can, I want to do some repair on a quilt mom made me long ago. It was the only one I think she did applique on. She loved piecing more than anything, and the quilting. It has big red strawberries appliqued on it, and they need some mending now. I washed it up good, and need to get some fabric to work on it. I may already have some that will work.

I finally gave the long awaited baby girl quilt to the nurse at the clinic. I was in a hurry and due to not feeling well didn't get a good outside picture with my husband's camera. Mine is on the blitz. I ended up trying my first trupunto stitching around the hand embroidered pictures on those blocks. It turned out so pretty. She loved it, and the female doctor told me privately that it was good it came delayed, because she was down so that made me happy. (my hubby calls those God Winks)

SBG I am glad you had that visit with your youngest son.

Honchey I am wanting to move a little light weight bench on my front porch to out to the side of my house and back by the trees, and may have to start a little fairy garden at some point. I want to place some cute things around my bench and make some vinyl cushions to take the rain. I need my own little sanctuary.

Dublb my hubby is from Houston, and has relatives around some of those areas you mentioned.

Oksewglad, we are having sunny weather and warming up again, but last week we had some good rain, and a break with some nice cool temps.

Givio I agree with you on QNS's borders on that quilt. They look so nice, but did she say to have it quilted by the longarmer will be $450.00? I really need to get out more and learn a thing or two. I am sure it was beautifully done.

JanRn and ALL the others hello to all of you.