Old 08-25-2016, 09:05 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

JuneBillie, so good to hear from you. I am so sorry for the greed and theft that has occurred over your Dad's property. Sorry to say that happens in most families when the older ones pass on! It's such a shame. I have painful memories of similar incidences at the passing of my father, and my husband's grandparents. I guess you see who people really are in those circumstances.

As for inlaws, mine will probably hold a party when I die, too. From the day I married their brother, they have never liked me. They are all very close with each other and there is no room left in the inner circle for anyone else to come in. They treat the two husbands of two of the sisters the same way. Inlaws are outlaws to them... Very strange family. I don't know how my husband came from those people! He always treated my family like his family and was a true son to my parents while they were alive.

I've been working on a Hawaiian applique quilt (a large wall hanging). I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and learning needleturn applique for this one... I really do enjoy the handwork. Here is a sneak peek... at this stage of it the central turtles are all appliqued down and I have just pinned the outer ring of dolphins in place:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556846[/ATTACH]

It's hard to see now but the dolphins are actually a mama and baby dolphin. There will be more definition once the edges are turned.
Attached Thumbnails img_1181-small-.jpg  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-25-2016 at 09:07 AM.