View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:02 AM
rryder

Default photos

Hi Tinker,
Here are photos of my set up:

The first photo shows the table behind the PQ1500s, it is one of those cheap folding tables from Sam's club and has legs that adjust for 3 different heights. I've got it on the medium adjustment so the table top is about 29" from the floor.

The second photo shows the way I've got the two cheap folding tables placed with the PQ1500s on it's own smaller table in the ell between the two.

The third photo shows the legs that I bought from Amazon to build the little table for my PQ1500s. The legs are adjustable for a bunch of different heights, so I could make it just enough lower than the two folding tables to nestle the PQ100s and its extension table into the ell. Sorry it's sideways, don't know why. The legs were sold by Rockler through Amazon and it only took some screws to attach them to a piece of wood that I got from Lowes. I think I paid under $100 for the legs and piece of wood combined.

It's a very efficient set up for quilting large quilts. My house is 100 years old and the floors are uneven so I had to use some shims (an old cutting board and a scrap piece of wood) under the machine and also some under the tables (so they would sit level on my wonky floors) to get the height exactly right for a smooth transition between machine and tables. Also, I have a radiator against the wall which prevented me from putting the two folding tables completely flush with each other at that end, which is why there is the filler piece of wood there (where the basket is sitting).

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_0779.jpg   img_0781.jpg   img_0785.jpg