View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 11:34 AM
luvspaper

Agreed with the fact that you should at least try to ask the fabric clerk to write it down at the full price and then you can get the 40% off. It is a little sneaky, but the best way to get that extra 10%.

That said, their fabric is generally a reasonable price so the 10% difference per yard is generally going to be less than $1 for most of their fabric.

I try to use the 40% off on larger stuff honestly where I get a better discount (more than an extra 10%).

I do understand why they don't want to do 30% off and then another 40%. Say a yard is $10 (to make it easy math), the 30% would take it to $7 a yard and then an extra 40% (off the $7) would take it to $4.20 a yard! They'd have to markup fabric to $10 a yard to get to that price that you normally get on their lower priced fabric already.

I am afraid if too many people complain about the 30% off being their regular price that they will just stop offering the 30% on all and just give you one 40% per purchase. Now that would stink for those of us who buy multiple pieces of fabric on a trip! I'd rather get them all at 30% off than 1 at 40% off!