Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 AM
Luv Quilts and Cats

I have a huge nylon bag that has a continuous zipper on three sides. It has many pockets inside and out to hold all my tools and projects I am bringing. It even has an outside pocket for a 6 x 24 inch ruler! I got it a Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH. I am not sure if they still carry it, but they might. I have used it since I started quilting. The only thing is it can get a bit heavy. My sewing machine carrier has wheels so I will set the bag on top of that and roll everything together. I have been on several retreats with the gals I quilt with and this bag is my workhorse. Sometimes I will put projects in the 12 x 12 in plastic boxes. Since it is a casual retreat, I also bring a folding 4 foot table and a large TV table to create an L-shaped space. Everything else I bring is stuff to use over the 5 day retreat like food, snacks, clothes, pillow and blanket. We rent a beach house each year, get an awesome off season rate. We enjoy walks on the beach. The house has so many windows, the sun shines in and all is right with the world. If we forget something, someone usually has it. We are within walking distance of a Dunkin Donuts and a Walmart is near by if we need anything. We have so much fun! I would encourage you to get your friends together for a casual retreat. We plan our meals before we go and also eat out a couple of times. And we visit the local Joannes.