View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 10:45 PM
Jeanette Frantz

I, too, think your quilt is beautiful. And. as so many have previously stated, I am so sorry that you had to go through this. I am thankful that I had the advise and assistance of my cousin who has her own quilt shop in Oklahoma. She cautioned me to check out the red BEFORE I ever cut it. And, when I discovered that the fabric DID, IN FACT, BLEED RIVERS, I began to search for a "fixative", or whatever it would take to resolve the problem before I used the fabric. A lot of suggestions have been made, and what works for you -- that's what you should use. Synthrapol and Retayne have been recommended -- in fact, I've never used either of those fabrics. I also stated that discretion is the better part of valor, and that I would wash a red and white (or any other combination of colors) quilt using color catchers. I hope no one ever has to go through something like this again. Jane, I'm glad your quilt came out of the "bleeding" looking so good. It's a gorgeous quilt! I'm working on a red and white quilt now (but ALL the fabrics have been treated with the dye fixative).
Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 08-27-2016 at 10:49 PM.