Old 08-28-2016, 06:20 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Sorry to hear that your guild is going through a rough patch.

How many members usually show up at a meeting?

The idea is interesting, but when I think about the actual serving of x number of sundaes - or even worse, having people build their own - I think I would go for something that might be easier to serve - and would not melt or dribble.

As one of my bosses once told me - if you don't like Idea A - you better have an Idea B to present before complaining about Idea A.

So my Idea B - how about snack or trail mixes? They vary considerably - You could have various kinds of dried fruit (raisins, banana, raisins, prunes, apricots, pineapple) - various kinds of nuts - various kinds of cereals or "dry" things (Chex types, pretzels, small crackers like oyster crackers) - chocolatey things like M&Ms.

Different people would/might combine different things for what they would like to munch on.

I don't know how much money you want to put into this presentation - or if you would be reimbursed for it -

Back to your original premise -

some sundaes are larger than others - a banana split is usually larger than a single scoop, one topping affair - (baby blankets compared to king size quilts)

Some are plain jane as compared to very ornate - chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream as compared to a three topping on an unusual flavor of ice cream topped with whipped cream, cherries, nuts, and sprinkles.

Some quilts are done neatly and others not so neatly - think of when some of your kids tried to pour their own milk the first few times.

Last edited by bearisgray; 08-28-2016 at 06:23 AM.