View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 08:09 AM
Jakers1

Default missouri star quilt

A week ago a friend and I returned to Wisconsin from Hamilton, MO. We spent 3 days there, shopping and talking with people from all over. We did get to see Jenny Doan in a trunk show - we got tickets in April and those on a retreat there had tickets included, so there were over 40 folks for her sold out show. If you get a chance, go to it, as she doe it as a tutorial, rather than just showing finished quilts. Take lots of photos and notes. My friend won (the Gold Star promo) a table runner kit and we got to meet and greet Jenny, a different day than the trunk show.
About the shopping - I really exceeded my budget, but it was fun. If you go, take the elevator upstairs to the kids, backs, seasonal, and Cotton and Steel shops (they all are connected). In the backing store, there is a cabinet with remnants of backs - which can be used for yardage. They are reasonable and are reduced in price as well. Loved the batik store. For lunch, there are at least 3 restaurants, two of which we visited.

I would love to go again, but I now have enough fabric to last me a good while. Oh, wait, there is a quilt show in two weeks, gotta go --------