View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 03:26 AM
slbram17

Originally Posted by mountainwoman View Post
I have watched Suzanne McNeill's video, the 5-Minute Quilt Block, several times. The blocks appear to be 5"X10" and they all seem to be the same size. However, the "triangle" that is formed (when the three pieces are sewn together as instructed) seems to be a bit shorter when opened up. I found one video that said one should cut the block that forms the triangle 5 1/4" X 10" to compensate for the problem. MY problem is that I want to use the Jolly Bar (available, evidently, only at Fat Quarter Shop) rectangles to make a quilt using the 5-Minute Quilt Block method because they are pre-cut to 5"X10". SO, since it appears that McNeill can make this work out with rectangles cut the same size, this is my question: Can I make the 5"X10" Jolly Bar rectangles work?

Thanks for any advice!
From what I saw, it sounds like the middle block has to be 1/4 inch larger. To use your jolly bar fabric, wouldn't you have to cut down the two outer pieces by 1/4 inch. That's just my thinking on it. Like someone suggested, try a sample block first to see what happens.