Thread: ScanNCut 2
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 11:57 AM
janjanq

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
My GO die for 2 1/2" squares has 6 or 4 on the die... Not sure not in sewing room now....I only have a GO and not too familiar with the scan...but can you, for example fan fold the fabric to get multiple cuts of a specific built in block, or do you have to cut a one piece of fabric at a time and run it thru? Besides the machine are their other accessories you have to buy as you use it? I am happy with my GO, it does what I need it to do and I also have a Sizzix big shot and some of their dies.....you have to decide what equipment best suits your personal wants/needs...
From what I understand from the video I saw you can only go thru one layer at a time but the cutting surface looks bigger so you can cut 8 or 9 at the same time. What I like about it is you don't need to buy any dies and you can scan any shape into the machine and cut it. ( even your signature). But I don't know how easy it is to use or how much prepping is necessary. I don't know if you can put two or more different fabrics side by side on the cutting surface and align the shapes accordingly. I'm not as concerned about how many layers of fabric as I am about how easy it is to use and whether it's worth it not to have to buy dies. As for accessories I see where you may have to replace blades and other parts as they wear out. But I haven't heard from anyone who has one that uses it for quilt blocks (and not just applique).