Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
My biggest pet peeve is...

People who think Jethro Tull is a just a person in the band.

Oh, that drives me kind of batty too, lol.
I often get 'oh that song drives me crazy, Led Zeppelin has such a strange voice, change the channel' Uh, Well, it's Robert Plant singing, the BAND is Led Zeppelin-and I like Led Zep, so don't touch the radio!

Quoting lyrics from one of their own songs, ' your band is just fantastic, that is really what I think, oh by the way, which one's Pink?'
(Pink Floyd)
I guess it bothers a lot of people, lol!
I knew I liked you, Baren*! Let me commend you on your excellent taste in music. :D Led Zeppelin is my lifelong favorite band, and Jethro Tull is also way up there on the lists. (I recognize the excellence of Pink Floyd, but their lyrics creep me out.)

Ha ha, yeah, well, I'm sure they were on drugs when most of the lyrics were written, but they really are musical geniuses.
I think the early works with Syd Barrett were much weirder, in the sense that even with the lyrics in front of you, you STILL can't figure out what they're trying to say! I much prefer the years with Roger Waters and David Gilmore... not that I understand much more of the music, lol.
I have my father to thank for my musical taste and interest. The music that my generation listens to is garbage, for the most part, there's nothing original anymore.