View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Joanie2

This is a very interesting conversation to me. I have been coloring for 45 years..since I was 18 and started going grey prematurely, a trait on my mothers side. When I was young I had very thick dark brown hair kept just below my shoulders but as I got older my hair got thinner, also a family trait. I've had it professionally done but reached that point when it was too expensive so started coloring my own. Tried several brands and now use either Age Defy or Loreal Preference. I used the medium brown and as after a while friends and family suggested I go natural. I should mention that I have kept my hair style like Dorothy Hamill since I was 30. So recently I went to get my usual haircut just before coloring and said I wanted it a bit shorted so I could see the grey look. She said that since my hair is very fine the natural look was going to show my scalp and that hair color gave me the look of more hair. I went home and immediately my husband said "color it". He had always questioned why I had not let it go grey a long time ago but now understood. So although I sometimes envy those who let nature take its course, my 4' 10"little old lady body will continue to keep it colored until heaven takes me in.