View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
hpylady

butterflywing: What a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is another topic, was searching info on negative comments on Tin Lizzie18, I've read on some of your threads that you have one and you are satisfied with yours, right? I saw where these other women (16 others) were complaining about there,s. I read you had one and so far no problems, that you always recomended the machine to others but after reading their comments, you now didn't think you would recomend it anymay maybe. Is this correct.

The reason I'm asking is, I have already posted that I was searching around for a new longarm quilting machine with frame somewhere in the ($6,000 amount or less). I had several comments from you sweet ladies. Well, after visiting two different quilt shows( one in Sanford, N.C. and one in Statesville, N.C.), I test drove the two that was in my limit. A Homesteader by Singer and the Tin Lizzie18. I loved both of them, but was thinking about the Tin Lizzie18 because it had a little more things on it like the thread cutter and hopping foot. But after seeing these bad reviews, I think now I'm leaning on the "Homesteader". I couldn't find any negative reviews on the Homesteader. Have any of you?

I really liked the Handiquilter too, but it was out of my cost frame. I have been searching around now and it has taken alot of time already and if I go with the Homesteader, it takes 8 weeks of waiting after you order and pay deposit.

I am sooooo ready to start longarm quilting, I have right now (2) completed quilt tops and on another one half of my quilts blocks already made. Forgive me for this lenghty thread.

Butterflywing, I love reading your threads and clicking on your sites you enter. Thanks a million! :thumbup: