Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Kimarene

Thank you all for your responses. I will skin it!

Regarding the longarmer: She and I did discuss this, and she offered to quilt my next project free of charge.

I don't really blame her. She has quilted many of my quilts and I have been very happy with her work. This was the first quilt I asked for wool batting, and I didn't know there were different kinds, some washable, some not. We didn't have that conversation at all, I asked for wool and she said she had wool in stock, and I said okay. Another factor was that the quilting, while absolutely stunning, was much more dense than I asked for, and the thing felt like a tarp, very stiff. (This was also a function of the particular type of wool she used. She couldn't remember the brand, as it was her last package.) At that point I should have just used it as a wall quilt - a queen-sized wall quilt. It was gorgeous!

But, since this was for my daughter and I wanted cuddly, not stiff, I did wash it against her advice. So, my bad, lesson learned.

I will skin it. The back was pieced with the same fabrics and I would hate to lose it, but if necessary I will prepare a new back, buy the quality (washable) batting from my LQS, and take it back to her to quilt it again.

Y'all have a great weekend!